Ragi Whole Wheat Pancake Cereal are healthy, delicious and super cute mini pancakes. Ragi pancake cereal are so much fun to look at as well as eat. Perfect size to entertain toddlers.
Hope all of you are healthy and safe.
Today I am sharing one of my little boys favourite “Ragi Pancake cereal”. It is healthy and so delicious and the mini size makes it even more fun and cute to look at and eat.
What is Ragi?
Ragi also known as Finger Millet or Nachni is an extremely nutritious millet. Finger millet is naturally gluten-free, low in fat, and highly alkaline grain and is easy to digest. It is a rich source of iron, calcium, Vitamin D, and amino acid. It helps in battling anemia and also anxiety and insomnia. So much goodness in one ingredient.
What is pancake cereal?
It is nothing but the miniature version of pancakes. Hence they are called cereal.
It is a bit time consuming to make these mini pancakes than the bigger ones but it is all worth it when the little one is smiling and happily devouring them. The quicker way is to use a squeezy bottle to squeeze out the small quantity of the batter in the skillet. A teaspoon works well too.
I have served these pancakes with fresh berries and honey. But sometimes I do treat him with nutella or chocolate sauce over his ragi pancakes.
Here are few pancake recipes that you can try.
Savoury Paneer and Veggies Multigrain Pancakes
Pumpkin Cardamom Whole Wheat Pancakes
Khura (Arunachali Buckwheat pancake)
Ragi Pancake Cereal
Ragi Whole Wheat Pancake Cereal
- Large bowl
- skillet/pancake pan
- 3/4 cup Ragi Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat Flour (arnd 60 gms)
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar/Honey/Sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- In a large bowl whisk in all the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- In another bowl add the wet ingredients and whisk it well.
- Now pour the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients and then using a whisk or a fork, beat until you have a smooth lump-free batter.
- Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now heat a skillet or a non stick pan over a medium-low heat and brush it with oil.
- Pour the pancake batter into a squeeze bottle or you can also use a teaspoon to scoop it out.
- Squeeze out mini pancake (or drop the batter by the teaspoon) and cook until the pancakes start to bubble.
- When you flip them, they should be golden brown. Continue cooking for another 25-30 seconds or until golden brown on the other side . Scoop the pancakes out into a bowl.
- Serve it with honey and fruits of your choice or even nutella.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Ragi Whole Wheat Pancake Cereal as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!
angiesrecipesJuly 20, 2020
They are so cute and I bet they taste just as great as they look!
[email protected] BongJuly 21, 2020
They taste amazing Angie! Thank you so much..