Parsi Style Spicy Scrambled Eggs (Akoori)
Todays recipe is Spicy Scrambled eggs or you can also call it Parsi style Akoori. This is a regular scrambled eggs with a spicy twist. Akoori is a classic Irani or Parsi dish is mouth-watering scrambled eggs with a hint of Indian spices. This scrambled eggs taste completely different. Its delicious, its spicy and its bursting with flavours. Oh-so-good!!
Spicy Scrambled eggs or Egg Bhurji as it is known as in India is something that I cook very frequently on weekends as breakfast or brunch. You can say that its my fixed weekend breakfast or brunch menu.
This dish is not limited to only breakfast or brunch. These scrambled eggs make really delicious meals any time of the day. It can be whipped up in no time. It’s quick, nourishing and very comforting.
I love my scrambled eggs. Oh Yes! I do.. a lot… I have scrambled eggs with chives, ham, smoked salmon, cheddar and so on. But sometimes, ya know, you just want something different. This spicy scrambled eggs (akoori) is my favourite. Why? It is spicy from the chilies, very earthy from the cumin and herbal from the coriander.
Serve it with some whole grain bread or Indian style flat breads. I served mine with French Socca ( Recipe coming soon) and some fresh salad leaves to go with this Spicy Scrambled Eggs. Yumm!!
- 5 large Eggs
- 1\4 cup Milk
- 1 large Onions, finely chopped
- 2 small Tomatoes (minced)
- ½ inch fresh Ginger, grated
- 2-3 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Break eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4th cup of milk and salt to the eggs and whisk lightly.
- In a pan heat the oil on medium heat and add the cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds starts to splutter add the onion and stirring continuously until they are translucent.
- Now add the ginger along with chopped green chillies and saute it for few minutes.
- Toss in the chopped tomatoes, chilly powder, turmeric, salt and let it cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the chopped corriander and the egg mixture and keep stirring it continuously until the egg is scrambled.
- Take it off the heat and garnish with more chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your spicy Scrambled eggs with some warm bread rolls or with Socca.
Hope you and your family enjoy this delicious Spicy Scrambled Eggs over the weekend. 😀