Egg curry with Coconut milk Kaffir lime leaves or Simple Thai egg curry is a profusion of exotic flavours and fragrance. This silky and creamy egg curry made with coconut milk and beautiful Thai paste is über-delicious and can be made with in 30 minutes. This Thai egg curry makes a perfect week night meal and can be paired up with Jasmin rice or noodles.
Hola my lovely friends!!
When ever I think of Thai cuisine, a luscious, fragrant and lightly spiced Thai curry always comes into my mind. The exotic flavours, the fragrance from the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves, its just tickles all the aspect of your senses.
Egg Curry with coconut milk
So here is my quick and easy peasy take on Thai curry that can be made with in 30 minutes. This Egg curry is a lovely amalgam of sour and sweet flavours. Sourness comes from the lemon grass, lime juice and sweetness form the jaggery that I have added to the curry. This egg curry has minimal of spices yet it is so flavourful and delicious. I have also added veggies like beans and potatoes to the curry to make it a wholesome meal.
The fragrant paste I made for this curry consist of Thai red chillies, lemongrass, ginger and garlic and lime juice. That’s it!! I used Kaffir lime leaves later in the curry which added über fragrance to dish.
If you wish to try another delicious Thai dish, then here is my recipe of Thai chicken fried rice with home made Thai curry paste.
This Thai Chicken Fried Rice With Homemade Thai Curry Paste is a delicious and fragrant fried rice that is beautifully flavoured with Thai sauces and homemade Thai curry paste. And it can be made in a jiffy.
Egg curry with Coconut Milk Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 4-6 Eggs hard boiled
- 2 medium Onions thinly sliced
- 2 medium Potatoes cut into 4 pieces each
- 100 gms Green beans
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 4-5 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Jaggery/sugar/sweetener (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Handful Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 lemon grass roughly chopped
- 2-3 thai red cillies roughly chopped
- 1 indh Ginger roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- Firstly place all the ingredients under curry paste in a mixer grinder.
- And ground it into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan on medium heat and add the onions and fry until translucent.
- Add the cubed potatoes and fry for 2 -3 minutes.
- Then add the curry paste along with the turmeric powder and salt and mix everything well.
- Fry on medium heat stirring frequently so that it does not stick to the bottom. Add 2 tbsp water if the paste is sticking to the bottom and continue frying.
- When you see oil separating from the mixture, add the beans and kaffir lime leaves and mix everything well.
- Finally add the coconut milk and jaggery/sugar/sweetener and mix everything well. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Finally add the boiled eggs in the curry and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning add more salt or jaggery if needed.
- Add chopped fresh coriander leaves and take it off the heat.
- Serve it hot with rice or noodles.
I served this egg curry with some whole wheat noodles and some salad. But it goes amazingly well with some basmati or jasmine rice too.
I hope you enjoy this quick and delicious Egg curry with Coconut Milk Kaffir Lime Leaves as much as we do!!