Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup loaded with vegetables and chicken makes a warm and comforting one pot meal. This 15-mins creamy and full of flavour Thai noodle soup is perfect for chilly Winter afternoons.
I am not much of a soup person, unlike my Mr. But when the temperature drops, then all I am craving for is a nice bowl of warm and hearty soup. Thai red chicken and veggie soup with coconut milk fits the bill. Its slightly spicy, full of flavour and so satisfying. And the best part is it can be made with in 15 minutes. Yup, having a thai curry paste in you fridge make your life so much easier.
This Thai inspired soup has become out winter staple.
I think you guys are really gonna like it too!!
Ingredients used to make Thai noodle soup
I have loaded this soup with lots of vegetables like pumpkin, baby corn, courgette, peppers and carrots. But feel free to throw in vegetables of you choice. I have added chicken and boiled eggs as well for some proteins.
Adding whole wheat noodles make this soup wholesome and hearty. You can add rice noodles too.
To make my work easier and quicker I used store bought red thai curry paste. But if you wish to make the curry paste at home, simple follow my homemade thai curry paste recipe.
I used thick coconut milk to make this thai soup. And add chicken stock to thin it out a bit.
How to make Red Thai Chicken Veggie Noodle Soup?
Thai soup is super easy to make and that too with in 20 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and add chicken ads saute. Then add the red thai curry paste to the chicken and continue to saute for a minutes until it coates the chicken well.
Now toss in the veggies and mix everything well. Add the coconut milk along with kaffir lime leaves and water/stock and mix. Do a taste test and add salt if required.
Here are few recipes that you can try.
Thai Red Noodle Soup | 15-minutes Thai noodle soup
- large thick bottomed pan
- 5-6 tbsp Thai red curry paste Red curry paste is quite spicy, you can adjust according to your taste
- 1 can Thick Coconut Milk
- 150 gms Chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 150 grams Whole wheat noodles
- 1 Yellow/red Pepper washed and cut lengthwise
- 100 gms Baby corn
- 1 Courgette cut into roundells
- 2 medium Carrots cut into roundells
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin cubed
- 5-6 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 cup Coriander/cilantro
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 eggs half boiled (optional)
- 2 Bok Choy (optional)
- 500 ml Water/ chicken stock/ vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large thick bottomed pan on medium heat.. Add the chicken pieces and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the red thai curry paste to the chicken and continue to saute for a minutes until it coates the chicken well.
- Now toss in the peppers, carrots, baby corn, courgette, pumpkin, coriander leaves and mix everything well.
- Now add the coconut milk along with kaffir lime leaves and water/stock and mixl. Do a taste test and add salt if required.
- Now add the noodles and cook for 10-12 minutes until the chicken and noodles are is cooked through.
- If you wish to add bok choy, simply saute it in a tsp of oil for 4-5 mins until soft but still slightly crunchy. remove from the heat and keep it aside.
- Finally add a tbsp of lime juice and take it off the heat.
- Serve this hot with half boiled egg, bok choy and more lime on the side.
I hope you enjoy this delicious THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP as much as we do!