Achari Chicken Crostini recipe is an Indian twist to an Italian appetizer. Toasted bread topped with spicy tangy Indian style achari chicken make a perfect finger food to entertain guests.
Hope you are all well where ever you are. UK is under a lockdown yet again. Apparently a new stronger covid-19 mutant virus has been found in the UK. And so Christmas is been cancelled here and everyone has been asked to stay home for safety measures.
Anywho, we are left with good food and mulled wine to keep our festive spirits high. I have made this yummy Chicken crostini recipe with an Indian twist of course.
What is crostini?
Crostini is basically a smaller version of Bruschetta. Grilled or toasted bread topped with any savoury or sweet topping you want. It’s s a super finger food that is so easy to make.
We all love finger food. Isn’t it?!
No need to deal with knife and fork or scoop with spoons. Just clutch your drink in one hand and use your other to pop this achari chicken crostini in your mouth!
This achari chicken crostini appetizer is so easy to make. I have used a store bought Achari masala mix to quicken the process. All my vegetarian friends simply swap chicken with paneer. The process remains the same. I hope you enjoy this chatpata Indian take on the Italian appetizer.
Here are few Delicious Appetizer recipe that you can try.
KFC Style Veg and Paneer Strips
Chicken Lollipop (Drums of Heaven)
Coconut Lime Chicken Tenders (Air Fryer)
Achari Chicken Crostini Appetizer Recipe
Achari Chicken Crostini
- Large bowl
- large thick bottomed pan
- 350 gms Boneless Chicken thighs chopped (Swap with paneer if you don’t eat chicken)
- 3 tbsp Thick Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp Achari masala I used RAJAH ACHARI MASALA
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste, (I used store bought)
- 1 tbsp Oil
Crostini base assembly:
- 1 large Baguette,
- 2 tbsp Olive oil to brush the bread
- Few slices of cucumber for garnishing
- Few onion rings for garnishing
- Green chillies chopped for garnishing
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnishing
Making the Achari Chicken Topping:
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients listed under marination and mix everything well. Keep it marinated for at least 45mins to 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet on medium high heat, then add chopped onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes until it soft and brown.
- Now tip in the marinated chicken along with the marinade and saute on medium high heat 6-7 minutes or until its no longer raw.
- Now add the tomato paste and mix it well. Continue sauteing for 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the the masala is dried.
Assembling the Crostini:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the ends of the baguette diagonally and then slice them thickly and 1 to 2 cms.
- Brush it with some olive oil and place it on a baking sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven. they should be just crisp and golden on the edges.
- Now to assemble, just place few thin slices of cucumber.
- Then top it up with some Achari chicken.
- Finally add some onion rings and some green chillies (optional) and coriander leaves.
- Arrange it on a serving plate and serve.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Achari Chicken Crostini as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!
What do you think?