Karachi Biscuits (Tutti Frutti Biscuits) one of the popular tea time treats of Hyderabad are absolutely moreish and melt in the mouth. These eggless Hyderabad Karachi bakery fruit biscuits recipe are loaded with tutti frutti and cashew nuts, making them extra special among kids as well as adults. Follow the step by step recipe to make some delicious Karachi biscuits at home.
I don’t want my want my little boy to miss out on all the fun and yummy food and treats that I enjoyed as a kid. When I reminisce it makes me want to travel back in time to enjoy fun experiences again.
Hyderabad Karachi Biscuits recipe is one such kind of biscuit that ones tasted you will never forget. This Karachi bakery fruit biscuit is bursting with fruity flavours along with tiny tutti frutti bits and nuts in every bite. Instantly falling in love with the cookies.
I have been yearning to make this tutti frutti karachi biscuits for quite some time. So when my parents decided to visit me from India, I simply asked them to get me one thing and you guessed it right “tutti frutti“. (I could have easily made it at home, but as you know procrastination is the thief of time.)
Karachi biscuits or eggless tutti frutti biscuits, are absolutely melt in the mouth and oh so easy to make. Karachi biscuits recipe needs a refrigeration time of about 45 minutes to 1 hour to firm the dough. then we simply slice them into roundels an bake for 15-18 minutes at 180 degree C.
What is Tutti Frutti?
Tutti Frutti is a confectionery made from raw papaya or watermelon rinds. It can also consist of dried berries and chopped fruits. In India, tutti frutti are added to cakes, cookies/ biscuits as well as used as a topping for ice creams and paan too.
These tiny little fruity bits are such joy to eat. Also they make everything fun and amazing.
Ingredients used in Karachi bakery fruit biscuits recipe.
All purpose Flour or maida. You can also make it with whole wheat flour.
Custard Powder: I used a vanilla flavoured custard powder.
Tutti Frutti: the main ingredient of these cookies. Adds a lovely fruity sweetness to the eggless biscuits.
Cashew nuts: adding chopped cashew nuts gives these cookies a lovely crunch.
Cardamom Powder: Just a hint of spice make these cookies stand out.
Pineapple essence/ Rose Essence: you can use either of the flavours. I have tasted the cookies with both the flavours and they taste amazing.
What can I substitute tutti frutti with?
If tutti frutti is not easily then you can simply substitute it with candied peels, dried mixed fruits or maraschino cherries. These are all easily available in stores and super markets.
Here are few cookies recipe that you can try.
Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuit Recipe
Chocolate Chip Eggless Cookies with Ghee
Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut Chocolate Chunk Cake Bars
Parle-G Chocolate Truffles with Salted caramel
Hyderabad Karachi Biscuits Recipe (Tutti Frutti Biscuits)
Hyderabadi Karachi Biscuits | Tutti Frutti Biscuits | Karachi fruit biscuit
- Large bowl
- baking/parchment paper
- 180 gms All purpose flour / Maida
- 65 gms Custard powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 113 gms Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4-1 cup Tutti Frutti
- 1/2 tsp Pineapple extract / Rose extract
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- Combine and sift together all purpose flour, custard powder, cardamom powder and baking powder in a large bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream it together with a hand whisk until soft and fluffy.
- Then add the flour-custard powder mix into the butter and sugar and bring it together with a spatula. Add 1-2 tbsp of milk if required to make a soft dough.
- Finally add the tutti frutti and cashew nuts and pineapple/ rose extract and mix it all together.
- Now divide the dough into 2 portions and shape them into logs or any shape you desire.
- Wrap them up in a cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to firm it up. I refrigerated my dough overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Now open the cling wrap and cut each log into 1/4th inch thickness with a sharp knife.
- Place them on the baking tray and bake them for 15-18 minutes or until the edges look firm and brown.
- Cool the karachi biscuits completely and store them in an air tight container.
I hope you enjoy this quick and delicious Hyderabadi Karachi Bakery Biscuits Recipe (Tutti Frutti Biscuits) as much as we do!
You know what guys I would love to see the lovely creations. If you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!
What do you think?