Rava Fish Fry | How to cook Rava Basa Fish Fry. Crispy Rava Basa Fish Fry is a semolina (rava) coated pan fried fish fry. It is spicy, tangy and flavourful with a lovely soft fish inside and a crispy and crunchy outer coating. It is absolutely simple and can be made within 30 minutes. Perfect dish to entertain friends and family.
Hope you had a fantastic weekend!!
Today I am going to share a very simple to make yet a very very delicious fish recipe.
Fish fry!! who doesn’t love a good fish fry!? especially when it is this golden crusted pan fried fish.
I absolutely love fish. Any kinda fish. And being an avid seafood and fish eater, I regularly prepare variety of fish at home. I have even successfully converted my husband from being a non-fish eater to start eating fish. Yayyy!!
And to my absolute surprise my little one too likes to eat fish. A really happy mumma here!!!
Fish and rice is a staple in each and every Bengali household. Everyone has their own unique way to prepare their fish curries. We Bengalis prepare such elaborate meals with fish. Ahh!
There are variety of fish curries some are so light and healthy with lots of veggies just like this salmon curry I prepared sometime back. Salmon Curry With Cauliflower And Potato (Fulkopi Aloo Diye Macher Jhol). Healthy delicious and light perfect with hot steaming rice and a sqeeze of lime.
And here is a spicy and rice popular Bengali fish curry made with yogurt and spices “Doi Maach“.
How to cook Rava Basa Fish Fry
Enough curries, Bengalis love fried fish too. This fish fry is simply amazing.
This pan fried fish fry is spicy, tangy, flavourful with a lovely crispy and crunchy outer semolina (rava) coating.
I used large Basa fish fillet to make this tava fish fry. You can also make this fish fry with pomfret, surmai (king fish), bangda or cod.
Simply marinate the fish with lime juice, ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, chopped coriander, chilies, kasuri methi and salt. And before frying just roll it in semolina and pan fry it until the fish is cooked through and the coating is golden brown and crispy.
I love to enjoy this rava fish fry with some ketchup or yogurt mint sauce along with chilled beer.
How do you like to have yours!?
Rava Fish Fry | How to make Rava Basa fish fry
- 350 grams Basa Fish Fillet (2 large fillet) Skinless and boneless (Notes**)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Kasoori methi crushed
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves super finely chopper
- 2 Green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt (or as per taste)
- 1/2 cup Rava/ Coarse Semolina
- Oil (sunflower/ vegetable/coconut) for tava fry(pan frying)
- In a small bowl add ginger garlic paste, lime juice, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, kasoori methi, chopped coriander leaves, green chilies and salt and mix everything well.
- Now coat each side of the fish with the prepared paste with hands.
- Place the semolina on a flat dish and coat the fish well it with the semolia(rava).
- Add fair amount of oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish fillets.
- Fry the fish for almost 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve it hot with squeeze of lime.
I hope you enjoy this deliciously Crispy Rava Basa Fish Fry as much as we do!!!
You know what guys I would love to see your creations. So if you have tried this recipe, just click a pic and tag me @gastronomicbong or #gastronomicbong on Instagram or on Facebook.
DollyMay 18, 2020
Tried this yesterday and loved it !! Its definitely my go-to recipe forever ❤
[email protected] BongMay 18, 2020
I am so glad you enjoyed it ♥