Spiced Chocolate Brownie Cookies are deliciously fudgy, moist and super chocolatey with Mexican spices. This spiced brownie cookies with a hint of cinnamon, ginger and a slight kick from the chilli/cayenne are gooey in the centre and perfectly crisp on the edges. ULTIMATE BROWNIE COOKIES RECIPE EVER!!!
First Happy International Women’s Day to all !!
Now weekend bake alert!!!
I have made this classic, gooey chocolate brownie cookies that I have ramped up with added ingredients. This super chocolatey brownie cookies is loaded with chocolate chips and walnuts with a subtle hint of Mexican Spices like Cinnamon, ginger and cayenne powder.
This is my go-to brownie cookies recipe that I have been making for years now. It is so simple to make and comes out perfect every time.
These cookies didn’t last the weekend. Not only my little boy but the Mr. reached out for these brownie cookies every time he made his way to the kitchen. They are just so good. As they were baking in the oven my house filled with the sweet aroma of these brownie cookies.
The spices are not over powering but adding a little bit of dimension to these fudgy gooey brownie cookies. But they are totally optional or you can adjust it as per your taste if you are not into Mexican spices in your brownie.
Look at these chunky chocolatey dense cookies with a crinkly top.
What are the ingredients used in spicy brownie cookies?
- All purpose flour / Maida (around 150 gms)
- Cocoa powder (around 25 gms)
- Cinnamon powder
- Ginger Powder (or as per your taste)
- Cayenne powder (or as per your taste)
- Coffee powder (I used instant coffee) (optional)
- Light Brown Sugar
- Veg Oil/ Sunflower oil
- Vanilla extract
- Dark Chocolate
- Unsalted Butter
- Chocolate chips
Here are few cookies recipes that you can try.
Spiced Brownie Cookies
Spiced Chocolate brownie cookies | Mexican spiced brownie cookies
- Large bowl
- Electric Hand whisk or stand mixer
- Baking paper
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour / Maida (around 150 gms)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (around 25 gms)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Powder (or as per your taste)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Cayenne powder (or as per your taste)
- 1 tsp Coffee powder (I used instant coffee) (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Veg Oil/ Sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 gms Dark Chocolate
- 80 gms Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Walnuts optional
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven
- In a bowl add in the flour , cinnamon, cayenne powder, ginger powder and salt and mix.
- Next whisk in the coffee powder and cocoa powder in the flour and spices mixture and keep it aside.
- Next add the chocolate and butter together in a bowl. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile add eggs, brown and white sugar, vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk everything together with and an electric whisk or stand stand mixer for 2-3 minutes until combined and frothy and fluffy.
- Then slowly add in the melted chocolate and butter and whisk it well.
- Next add in the flour mixture and with a spatula fold in the flour to the wet mixer.
- Do not over mix.
- Now fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Now let thedough stand for 10 -15 minutes.
- Mean while we preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Scoop out dough with a small cookie scoop and place them on the baking sheet. place them 1 1/2- 2 inch apart.
- Now bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is cracked but the middle just set. Cool completely.
- Enjoy these cookies with cold milk or tea or coffee.
Here is my little cookie monster sneaking in brownie cookies and milk while mummy is busy clicking.
I hope you enjoy this Mexican Spiced Chocolate Brownie Cookies as much as we do!
Stay Safe! Stay Positive!