Today’s post is going to be something short and sweet 🙂 Today’s recipe is a classic British icecream dessert Knickerbocker Glory. Haha!! Knickerbocker!! funny name right?! But I kinda like it.. 😀 This lovely ice cream concoction is a layer of vanilla and strawberry ice cream sitting on top of fresh strawberries topped with strawberry compote, nuts, fresh whipped cream and a glazed cherry…..
Hubby and I discovered this dessert while in a pub and fell in love with it , so much so that when we came back he immidiately got the icecream maker out and started to experiment with the flavours.
Icecream is something that never goes out of season at our home. So don’t be surprised to see icecream recipe posts in here during winters.. 😀
The icecream is a sweet toothes greatest fantasy in all sense as it combines the creaminess of cream, tanginess of strawberry compot , really milky and yummy strawberry icecream and vanilla icecream topped with fresh strawberries.
Traditionally Peach sauce is used in Knickerbocker Glory.. Since hubby is not a huge fan of peaches ( I know! Wierd!!) :p I used strawberry compote instead.
- 2-4 scoops of vanilla icecream
- 2-4 scoops of strawberry icecream
- 100 grams strawberries, washed and sliced
- 50 grams cashews, dry roasted
- 50 grams flaked almonds, dry roasted
- 200 ml Fresh cream, whipped with 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoon Strawberry compote
- For Strawberry compote
- 250 grams Fresh strawberries
- 50-75 grams Sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Water
- Wash the strawberries and slice them.
- Mix all the ingredients in a pot on medium heat.
- Now bring it to a boil and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Now chill the compote until used.
- In a large tall glass, add in the sliced strawberries as the base layer.
- Add in a scoop or two of strawberry icecream and vanilla icecream.
- Now pour the strawberry compote over the icecream.
- Then tip in the chopped and roasted nuts.
- Top it with fresh whipped cream and a glazed cherry.
Hope you enjoy this amazing Knickerbocker Glory!! 😀
You may also like Fresh Strawberry Icecream..